Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

sw michigan trail update

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Layvon 
#1 ·
Ok so with all the storms and such we have been having I've been noticing a lot of big trees down on trails in the sw Michigan area/nw indiana area.Custer park seems to be sandier than its ever been a few trees there nothing to big.So far the best and cleaned up tho most in my area has been Dr tk lawless in vandalia.Was out there on Saturday afternoon ,picked up a few big branches here and there but all in all it was a nice ride.Anyone else have any problems with any of the trails in the sw area ,or status of any others?I'd say stay away from rum village as they place was a mess and seems people have been adding there little side trails here and there off of the main routes making it easy to get lost.

#2 ·
SE Michigan here, and I haven't had that much fun this year so far, because of so much rain.. The wife and I like to ride together, and it kinda take our enjoyment out of it, with so many mud spots. Although I had to slow down so she could catch up, because I did take on a few of the mud spots to see how I can handle them.

I mean you could be riding at a nice fast pace, turn a corner and a deep goo mud hole... lol

In this pic, you can't tell about the mud. The wife in pink, left me while I took that pic.
Natural environment Plant community Forest Woodland Nature reserve

You can't see the mud here, but those logs up ahead, on the other end, I thought I was about to dive into a pool.
Vegetation Natural environment Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Bicycle frame

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.