Thread: Summer vacation

XXIX

Summer vacation

Im heading up to Michigan in late July and was thinking of taking my Bike. Anything in Southwest Michigan worth riding. I will be in the Constantine/Three Rivers area.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Fort Custer is by Battle Creek which is in your area. Went out there for the first time two weeks ago and it was great. You will need to buy a pass to use the recreation area. You can google it or there is a website that has trail updates and info.

http://mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?...7162&start=660

XXIX
    Cool, my sister in law lives in Battle Creek. Thanks

TK Lawless is relatively close to Three Rivers. Yankee Springs is decent drive from there but well worth the trip. Check the MMBA website trail guide, lots of good information there.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Ft. Custer is in Augusta, MI (about 20 minutes East & North out of Kalamazoo). I am attaching a map for an awesome ride at this course. Ride the Red to Green loop...it is around 12 miles of very well kept up trail riding. Some climbing, some cool/ fast decents, good trail surface-very little sand if any at all.

Fort Custer Recreation Area (daily parking pass needed without State Parks sticker)
    42.322382,-85.346947
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    A day pass for Fort Custer is 6 bucks. Custer has some very good trails. As I ride there alot. You could spend a day out there. Red, to green or just ride the red then the green and then the blue. Its all good. Haven't been to yankee yet but Ive heard very fun and fast, but has some sand.. Lots of good bike shops around also. Custer Cyclery just down the road from the entrance to Fort Custer. Team Active in battle creek and Breakaway Bikes in Portage.
    1983 Ross Custom Deluxe Mtb
    2009 GF Cobia
    2011 NINER EMD
    2014 Giant Anthem Advanced 1 27.5

SAVE GAS RIDE A MTB BIKE

XXIX
    Thanks for the replies, can't wait for vacation.