mtbr member

Still winter in the U.P.

Woke up this morning to a cold drizzle and a thin layer of ice on my cars, and on my shed roof.

Did I blink and miss summer?

I want to go riding. Outside. On trails. In warm sun.

Sigh...

DynoDon
    I'll send up some warmer weather, I'm in eastern lower Mi. I've been out for a month or so, road first then the 24 of March I started on almost snow free frozen trails, now the trails are wet but only because its raining, they have been good for a few weeks, I have a time trial coming up the 23rd April, my luck it'll rain. Good Luck on getting out of winter soon

mtbr member
    Thanks. It is snowing now. My neighbor's lawn is a nice white.

But after reading news from down south, I have decided not to complain.

DynoDon
    It snowed on me today on my ride in Pontiac, tomorrow morning we should wake to 1 to 2 inches of slush/snow, high of 40f according to the weatherman, man I'm getting to not like that guy...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I can't even get my car down our road right now. I know this because I threw caution to the wind (literally) and got stuck. The drifts are easily knee-deep, and what makes this even more unbearable is the fact that I just bought a new bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by credible_hulk
    I can't even get my car down our road right now. I know this because I threw caution to the wind (literally) and got stuck. The drifts are easily knee-deep, and what makes this even more unbearable is the fact that I just bought a new bike.
    No drifting here in town. There's a nice glaze of ice on the streets though. If I didn't have to go to work soon, I'd haul out my studded-tire bike and go for a ride.

Yesterday I began building up a frame that I had bought last year. It was a good day to stay inside and build. Heck, if you can't ride, then building's the next best thing, right?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by credible_hulk
    and what makes this even more unbearable is the fact that I just bought a new bike.
    What'd you buy?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I decided I was getting too old for my hard tail, so I bit the bullet and bought a Felt Virtue. Should make things a little more smooth.

mtbr member
    It was the trails in the Marquette area that first opened my eyes to why I might want a full-suspension bike. Your trails out that way are a very different character from the smoothish often sandy stuff near Munising.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I ride the South Trails a lot. Mostly, though, it was my body that told me it was time to upgrade to a full suspension bike. I doesn't look like I'm going to get to break it out any time soon. We're supposed to get some more snow in the next few days.