Michigan Scholastic Cycling Association
Community Awareness Nights
Tuesday, March 1st, 7:00 pm
Lake Orion High School
495 E. Scripps Rd.
Lake Orion, MI 48360
Wednesday, March 9th, 7:00 pm
Black Hills Community Center
1035 Godfrey Avenue SW
Grand Rapids, MI, 49503
Are you interested in getting students involved in cycling?
Helping them to:
• Build interest in a lifelong sport?
• Develop coordination and fitness?
• Get outdoors and away from the computer/TV?
• Be involved in a sport where everybody plays every minute; where there are no “benches” or “sidelines”?
MiSCA is primarily focused on encouraging schools to form cycling clubs for the purpose of offering a healthy alternative to traditional sport teams, but MiSCA's ultimate objective is provide a mountain bike racing league for the entire state.
• MiSCA plans on awarding a minimum of $1,000 college scholarships, sponsored by Cannondale and Michigan Youth Cycling, to the MiSCA male and female Varsity championship winners.
• Separate awards at each race are given to MiSCA racers.
• MiSCA is partnering with area bike shops and industry sponsors to offer exclusive discounts to MiSCA registered teams.
MiSCA recognizes the challenges of getting schools to accept cycling as a club or team sport and has come up with a support team to help overcome the objections faced when trying to establish a school team. We have also developed an alternative or “composite” team concept that will allow the formation of scholastic teams other than those sponsored by a school. These clubs could be sponsored by youth groups, bike shops or individuals.
Representatives from MiSCA will be on hand to give a brief presentation on the program and how you can get your student involved or help to start a team. Please come and join us to hear about this great program that is spreading across the state.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Scholastic Cycling info nights
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »