mtbr member
    Aug 2009

riding tonight at 6pm at lakeshore (treefarm)

if anyone wants to join our small group. I rode with my friend Ryan all last summer, but I dont know the other fella's either. I'll be in a blue/beige montana minivan if you want to stop on out and say hi or ride with us. cant wait.

also just an FYI, I never know if Im leaving work ontime until I DO. so I could be late. but the other fella's will be there waiting anyways. thats whats great about a group ride. one person cant spoil it or cancel that way.

anyways maybe I'll see ya there.
    chris

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

local

where is treefarm? I'm a newbee , I live north of G. R. in Morley, and am looking to find a small group to ride with. Thank You Jeff

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff2slash
    where is treefarm? I'm a newbee , I live north of G. R. in Morley, and am looking to find a small group to ride with. Thank You Jeff
    its lakeshore parks. very close to M5 and I96W/275/696 interchange. we got a small group of 4 guys (myself included) and were all varying levels of ability also. you'd be more then welcome to join us when we do setup regular* weekly rides. were thinking it'll be tues. or wed. at 6pm as that time seems to probably work for us. also some sat. morning rides too. if you really want to come down (I think its quite a trip for you coming from GR area) you can email me and we'll stay in touch as to when/where were goin to ride. being a noob you DO want to find a group of guys that are goin to ride at a slower pace. atleast for a while so you can pay attention to what your doin and really soak it in. instead of TRYING to keep up. unless your in really good shape and naturally gifted ofcourse. lol. we took lots of breaks and it took us around 1H 15Min. to go the 10mile course.

on another note sorta, that trail is excellent for a beginner as it has some of everything there, and its not TOO techincal. great all around trail.

irocss85@comcast.net

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

b a n n e d
    Man I miss Lakeshore . . . its where I got my MTB start. I used to live less than a mile from the trail and rode the loop daily for two years (during the season of course). That trail is just so much fun.

I now live in SoCal and the trails out here are amazing, but VERY different from MI trails . . . I miss the woods (but not the bugs!)

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    you saying there's no bugs out there in socal? somehow I dont feel sorry for you! lol. yeah Im kinda jealous.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by irocss85
    you saying there's no bugs out there in socal? somehow I dont feel sorry for you! lol. yeah Im kinda jealous.
    Well, I wouldn't say there are no bugs . . . but the bugs here are much different. We have roaches to contend with and if you have a dog, the fleas out here are FEROCIOUS!

However, we do not have black fly's and hardly any mosquito's

I remember riding at Lakeshore in mid-summer and not being able to stop because otherwise the SWARM of black flys that was in close pursuit would catch up with you and devour you. I used to ride with a bandana under my helmet to keep the flys out of my hair and off my scalp. Oy . . .

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I just picked up my first MTB, a Motobecane 500 off BikesDirect and a buddy of mine took me to Lakeshore for my first ride. It was an awesome trail, felt a little shaky on the difficult sections and the fact that I was incredibly sick and should not have gone. Its on my way home and plan on riding it a bit until winter to get better.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    yeah its a great course for sure. got a little of everything except it NEEDS some jumps. sorta one at the bottom of the crater but not REALLY. when do you drive by there? I usually drive by (M5 heading north) there anytime from 6pm to 8pm depending on the day of week. maybe we could meet up and ride it together after work some day. always looking for other people to ride with cause it seems like when I got time, my one other friend that rides is busy. I have riden it by myself but for obvious reasons its better to ride w/people.
    chris

b a n n e d
    Do they still do the group rides on Tuesdays? For a while there, a group of folks always went out around 6:00 on Tuesday evenings. Fun group to ride with . . .

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    actually my group of friends didnt work out. not sure what other groupes ride there.

Jeff2slash and hendrick433 would you guys like to get together to ride some weekday early evening or weekend early morning to ride? Im currently looking for others to ride with too.

chris