mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Riding in Glen Arbor area

I'll be going to Glen Arbor to work for a couple weeks this summer and am wondering what bike to bring. I understand many of the dunes area trails are off limits to bikes. But I really want to get out and explore the woods in the area, more interested in getting out and seeing the scenery than any kind of hard core biking (I can do plenty of that up where I live in the UP). This is work related, but my job will involve nature photography. I'd like to bike into the woods with my camera, using backroads and trails if possible.

Are there backroads and trails I can ride? Any "must do" trails in the area? I can't stray too far from the area, really need to focus on the immediate area, but could take a day or two if needed to drive out to a cool trail.

Big question is conditions. If there are a lot of back roads and trails, are they rideable? Or can I expect a lot of sand? I could bring my Pugsley if needed, but that is kind of a hassle unless it would really open up a lot of riding for me.

DynoDon
    this may help... http://www.mmba.org/

all I've ridden in the area are Arcadia Dunes, that was a good one, and Big M, Big M was a great ride, I only did the outer loop, there is alot more there, best to pass on the first few miles of that outer loop, I want to ride North Country Trail next time up.. Happy Trails

mtbr member
    Arcadia, Vasa singletrack, Lake Ann Pathway, Betsie River, Big M, Crystal Mt.
    All south of GA, but within about an hour.