mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Rider from Costa Rica going to Michigan , wanna ride

Will be in Farmington Hills from July 23 to 29th
    Then traverse city
    Lewinston
    Gaylord

Would like to rent a bike and have someone take me.
    I can return the favor in Costa Rica

DynoDon
    I have a loaner bike and can take you on some trails when you are in Farmington Hills, bring your helmet and gear, I have a f/s heavy 33 lb bike you can use or you can rent a better bike locally, I'm a beginner/intermediate rider that likes a challenge so I ride some of the harder trails around, Potawami is my favorite and the one I ride most. http://mmba.org/index.php?option=com...task=trail&cid[]=18
    Let me know,,
    Don
    Four wheels transport the body,

Two wheels transport the soul !!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Don : Thanks a lot, I will take your offer, what is your email and phone number so we get in touch.
    Will bring all my gear , maybe pedals too, what kind of pedals on the bike?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Just checked some videos and the Potawatomi Trail looks like the kind of riding I like.

mtbr member
    Being in Farmington Hills area check out aforementioned Potowatomi, Highland, Pontiac Lake and Stoney Creek. Holdridge should be fun too but I've never ridden that one, so can't say. Well, planning to ride there tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Motoadve, I own and operate a supermarket in Farmington. Its the next city over from Farmington Hills. On the corner of Orchard Lake Rd. and Ten mile. Orchard Ten Quality Foods, come in and say hi. My name is Zack. I can lend you an 08 rockhopper, its the base model. Heavyish with V-brakes but it'll take a hell of a beating. I've actually ridden with Don (manabiker), he's a great guy and an awesome biker. I may have even ridden the bike he's offering you. It's a solid full suspension bike, not as heavy as he makes it out to be. Lots of great trails in the area and perfect time of the year. I've spent some time in Costa Rica, gorgeous country and awesome people. Which city do you live in? I stayed Jaco Beach and San Jose.

Don, I completed my build over the winter. Haven't had much time to hit the trails. But she rides great. Going to tree farm tonight.

DynoDon
    Hey Zack, Don here, I got a new bike, a Specialized Epic Comp, what a great bike, I've been riding alot, racing some in the 60+ and 50+ class, they keep giving me awards,, LOL!! at my age if you still breath, finish the race you get a award, like the kids..LOL!!
    Hope to see ya on the trails, I should stop by the store and see ya.. some day... heres a pic from Ft Custar, first time there, I got a 3rd and I got beat by a dog..LOL!!!! he was a stand in..
    Happy Trails
    Photobucket
    Four wheels transport the body,

Two wheels transport the soul !!!!