Thread: Ridable Trails

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Ridable Trails

When should we expect the trails in SE Michigan to be ridable? This winter was tough and I just want to get out there.

I tried to ride Tree Farm in Novi yesterday but the course was too muddy and wet. Riding was very difficult especially on a SS.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    To muddy here also in mid michigan ( bay city ) area.

We will need to get rid of some standing water before I can hit it around here..

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Re: Ridable Trails

Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator50 View Post
    When should we expect the trails in SE Michigan to be ridable? This winter was tough and I just want to get out there.

I tried to ride Tree Farm in Novi yesterday but the course was too muddy and wet. Riding was very difficult especially on a SS.
    Wait until you see the earthworms come out. Please don't ride now; it tears the trails up and MMBA volunteers then have to spend precious riding time fixing them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yes, please avoid the Tree Farm for awhile. Last year we invested over 400 hours working on those trails, and a lot of that was fixing ruts and mudholes...

Probably one of the first rideable trails in our area will be Hickory Glen in Commerce, just a few miles north. Watch the mmba.org trail conditions forums for updates.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Ridable Trails

Quote Originally Posted by Loren_ View Post
    Yes, please avoid the Tree Farm for awhile. Last year we invested over 400 hours working on those trails, and a lot of that was fixing ruts and mudholes...

Probably one of the first rideable trails in our area will be Hickory Glen in Commerce, just a few miles north. Watch the mmba.org trail conditions forums for updates.
    Yeah... we went a few hundred feet and realized we would be doing some damage to the trail so we hopped off and went back to the road.

Any ideas for a short road trip to some trails we can ride in the next month, maybe something like 3 to 4 hours south? Anyone ridden anything in Dayton, OH or Cincinnati that may be ridable this time of year?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    You may be able to ride a trail without standing water when it's frozen. So early morning after a chill but before the sun can warm it up. Or with lights.