mtbr member
    Jun 2006

RFI - Good shop in White Lake?

Can someone recommend a good shop in white lake?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You can't go wrong with either:

American Cycle and Fitness in Pontiac
    Cycle Therapy in Waterfordt

on the other side
    I can't speak for the American Cycle and Fitness in Pontiac; I've only been to the one on Haggerty & 14 (Walled Lake/Novi) and if I never go back in there, I wont cry over the loss. The staff has been a bare minimum help, seemed less than knowledgeable; my annoyed list goes on and on. If you want a road bike they might be good but it seems like they are catering to the snobby money of West Bloomfield, Novi & Farmington than giving a damn about anyone else interested in the sport. Go in there and ask about mountain bikes (or lack of mtb gear) and it seems like they are...well, again lacking.

Now Cycletherapy in Waterford is amazing! You need something they don't have (or normally carry) they will order it for you. The guys in there are wonderful and I have yet to go in there with a problem they couldn't solve.

There is another lbs in "downtown" Walled Lake. I'm not sure of the name nor have I been in there, but I have also not heard anything good about them either. Somewhere in here, there is a vent thread about that shop.

...and if you are willing to travel for a variety, there is always Trails-Edge in Northville.

Personally, I still hold Cycletherapy as my favorite and will only go elsewhere if I am desperate and in immediate demand (i.e. cant wait for a delivery).

IMHO.
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart
    ...pursue those.