mtbr member

Relocating to Kalamazoo, help a brother out?

I just accepted a job offer in Kalamazoo and I'm going to need some tips on house hunting. Specifically rentals. I want a 3-4 bed single family home in a decent neighborhood. Doesn't have to be K-Zoo proper, surrounding areas are fine.

I'd like to make some contacts in the area as well so if you're there or near there let's talk. Can't wait to ride the local trails with some of you.

mtbr member
    I can't help on the house-hunting. Not sure I can help much with the contacts either. But do get online over in the mmba.org forums. MMBA = Michigan Mountain Bike Association. There are plenty of members from all over southern Michigan, and you're bound to meet someone.

I can also recommend Fort Custer Cyclery over in Augusta as a good shop. They are one mile from the Fort Custer trailhead. I've had the guy work on my nephew's bike, bought accessories there, and the vibe is good.

Best of luck w/the move.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    http://www.kalamazoorent.com/

This might help you out? Can also vouch for Custer Cyclery pretty decent shop, and Fort Custer trails.

mtbr member
    Where about in Kazoo are you working. I live in Portage just about 2 miles from Al Sabo land preserve. Another good single track trail. Not as technical as custer but a good trail. Back to the house rental. There are alot of homes for sale in the area, its a strong buyers market. The price for rent on a 3-4 bedroom you could almost buy a home for the rent price. But then again it all depends on the house and area. Portage is a good area and also Kazoo area. Goodluck on the house hunting..
    1983 Ross Custom Deluxe Mtb
    2009 GF Cobia
    2011 NINER EMD
    2014 Giant Anthem Advanced 1 27.5

SAVE GAS RIDE A MTB BIKE

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I live at Coopers Landing it is on G Ave and Sprinkle it is a very nice quite apartment complex that is 10 min away from one of the best trails in the state also 5 min from downtowns entertainment district. I have lived here since Oct 2010 and it is awesome. If you have question or what ever PM me and we can chat.