mtbr member

Potawatame in July?

I'm going to be visiting relatives in Clinton (W of AnnArbor) for the 4th of July. I grew up in Michigan and in the 90's it was rated one of the top 10 trails in the nation...always wanted to ride it but never had a chance. Should I bring my bike? Or, is it too hot/humid in July to ride? My recollection of Michigan summers is that I'd rather be on the lake than doing anything aerobic.

Also...any other trail recommendations? We'll be in Saline for a few days and Troy for a few.
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    the potowatomi is awesome all summer long. i live right next to it,i would know. just pace yourself. :]

'Calm Down'
    As jay1117 said, there is no bad time to ride Poto. And July would be a great time.

Check out the trail guide on MMBA.org for a complete listing of Michigan trails. Potawatomi is the closest trail to Clinton/Saline, but Brighton Rec and Island Lake aren't that much further (+15min). From Troy I'd head over to Pontiac Lake State park, but there's several trails in the area.

If you'd like someone local to ride with in the Saline area shoot me a PM. Or post up on the MMBA forums.

jw

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg
    I'm going to be visiting relatives in Clinton (W of AnnArbor) for the 4th of July. I grew up in Michigan and in the 90's it was rated one of the top 10 trails in the nation...always wanted to ride it but never had a chance. Should I bring my bike? Or, is it too hot/humid in July to ride? My recollection of Michigan summers is that I'd rather be on the lake than doing anything aerobic.

Also...any other trail recommendations? We'll be in Saline for a few days and Troy for a few.
    -

"And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I remember riding Pontiac Lake years ago. Be fun to check it out and see how it has changed.
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)