HTFU and Ride

Possible trails between Grand Rapids and Muskegon????

I already posted on the MMBA forum but I am curious as to the interest you W. MI riders would have in building a trail in the Ravenna/Coopersville area. There is already the Musketawa Rail Trail that gets a lot of recreational traffic as well as the hardcore roadies training. But we don't have anything for the fat tire crowd unless driving to Bass River, C-burg, Owasippe, etc. I know a lot of the big farmers in the area and could make a strong case to build a trail in some of their woods. Really nice stuff, lots of options, rolling terrain. Set up a box to pay or even pay at the houses. Just a few bucks a ride or like 20 for a season pass. I know there are lots of riders in the area that could benefit and if we built a top notch trail people would come from farther away to ride. I know people would come because I see full parking lots at the Rail Trail trailhead. If we get the word out and do a good job this could be pretty sweeet! Let me know what you guys think. I have the summer off so I would be able to spent A LOT of time working on something. Please comment, question, debate

Look forward to seeing if there is interest.

Happy trails.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    You are talking about putting in a mountain bike trail correct. If so that would be great. We can always use more.

Thread Killer
    yeah, that would be amazingly awesome. that whole area is seemingly devoid of good trails. i have found a few trails, but they're either on private property or mediocre at best

HTFU and Ride
    The whole deal kinda fell through for widespread public access. I, personally, have access and I can bring people out with me, but not unsupervised. Shoot me a pm sometime this spring/summer and I will take you out there if you want. Still not sure what they have for trails, I will prolly be building some.
    Winter is coming.

Ancient Winged Rider
    I think it's a great idea. I hope it'll happen. I'll help just P.M. me....