mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Places to Ride Near East Lansing

I'm going to visit my brother at MSU in East Lansing this weekend. Just looking for some suggestions on descent trails to ride in the area, I'm an experienced rider and am hoping for some trails as very little is open yet up here in Ontario. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quite a bit of low ground and mud in that area right now. Nothing rideable. This might be a good ride if the ground is frozen: http://www.mmba.org/trails.php?trail=32

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I doubt if anything is truly OPEN, but for future reference...

Just south of EL is Burchfield Park. Its open and very easy, but there are several man made obsticles to try out. They will most likely be under water at this time of year though. Also, north of EL is Rose Lake. Its not very well marked and probably soggy as well. When you head to EL there is a bike shop called Velocipede Peddler. Its located at 2758 E. Grand River. 48823. Inside there is a map of trails located all over Michigan for you to check out. I hope you like it. I made it myself!

mtbr member
    If you can, drop down to Battle Creek (maybe an hour south of Lansing), and check out Fort Custer Recreation Area. My nephew took me out on those trails last fall, and they were great. Might still be too much snow/mud though.