mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Northern Michigan

Well during the summer I live in northern michigan and have just recently gotten into mountain biking so was curious if there are any good bike trails up there other than all of the back woods roads and what not?

DynoDon
    Here is a link from Reviews above,, MMBA and Singletracks also have trail guides, but there mostly the same but you do get other reviews,, Happy Trails
    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...S_4555crx.aspx

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Where "up north"? I live in petoskey and with in 20 minutes of me there are 5 great places to ride! Look up No Boundaries in Boyne city Either Bob or Ben or Brandon would be able to help you out and probably ride with you to show you around.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I live in Fife Lake which is between Cadillac and Kalkaska on 131. I would be great to find some people in the area to kinda show me the ropes and what not or just because I find it more fun when not riding alone

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trevrev97
    Where "up north"? I live in petoskey and with in 20 minutes of me there are 5 great places to ride! Look up No Boundaries in Boyne city Either Bob or Ben or Brandon would be able to help you out and probably ride with you to show you around.
    How are the trail conditions in Petoskey? Snow/frost out of the bush?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Kalkaska Wednesday Night Rides at 6PM

Link up with riders from the area. All abilities show for these rides. The ride starts off West Kalkaska Rd. at the MDOT Park and Ride lot.

Jeff

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    pretty good up here till this morning, snowed overnight.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I am driving cross country May 18-27th and though I would bring my single speed to ride along the way. I've always wanted to see the Upper Peninsula and see Boyne Mt. has good reviews. Will there be decent riding up there at that time of year? Will the trails be solid or will snow and mud still be a factor?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGo
    I am driving cross country May 18-27th and though I would bring my single speed to ride along the way. I've always wanted to see the Upper Peninsula and see Boyne Mt. has good reviews. Will there be decent riding up there at that time of year? Will the trails be solid or will snow and mud still be a factor?
    Thanks.
    By late May you should be on solid ground. The snow will be gone by then. Heh. Given the crazy weather so far, I should probably knock on wood after saying that.

Mud is always a possibility. Mud depends upon whether it rains a lot during your trip.

In the U.P., you'll find trails clustered around Marquette, Ishpeming, Houghton/Hancock, and Copper Harbor, that I know of. There are plenty of ATV trails and old logging trails, but that list of cities is where you'll find plenty of purpose-built singletrack.