Thread: New Trail

locked - time out
    Jan 2007

New Trail

Milford Trail (Paved) was recently opened. I rode it for fun. I noticed the MTB trail also. The mtb trail is nice with very good singletrack, but not many know of this trail. I took the kids and wife and they rode from the YMCA to Kensington Park (5 miles). I took the MTB trail and enjoyed it. They don't promote it at all on there website. I rode Highland Rec and then came to ride Milford trail, then went and had dinner with the fam. Great downtown and family fun for the weekend.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    any notes on trail difficulty or any comparisons? ride a lot at pontiac and orchard lake area, looking for something else. been to brighton's trails as well.

Black Sheep rising
    See here.

Trails in that area are generally twisty with not a lot of elevation change. There likely will be small log piles and rock gardens, often with a bypass. I would guess difficulty could be classified as beginner-intermediate.
    Let the market decide!

N42.58 W83.06

locked - time out
    Jan 2007
    Itm is 5 miles. A lot of technical switchbacks. Some nice dips and a few quick downhills. I recall two or three good sized climbs. The second half starts with some fun dips and transitions. I really like this trail a lot. If you push yourself, you will get a great cardio workout. I am riding it tomorrow at about 3pm.