Thread: New to MI

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

New to MI

Hey guys,

Just moved from CA to MI (Farmington to be more specific). Wondering if there are any recommended trails in the area that I could check out. Appreciated!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    check out singletracks.com. i know there are some near ann arbor, and your not that far away.

mtbr member
    Closest trails for you are going to be Maybury, Island Lake and I know that there are number of others that I'm not familiar with in your general area.

Lots more Mich information on the forum at www.mmba.org

Check the trail guide on the site and the trail conditions and comments part of the forum.

Welcome to Mich.

Hoopy Frod
    Jun 2009
    Welcome neighbor... Grew up in FH, but live in Walled Lake.
    mmba.org is a great trail list.
    You have Novi Tree Farm at Lakeshore Park in Novi, 11 miles of great flow, some cool trail features... lots of fun. They have a really cool relay on the 25th.
    Hickory Glen in Commerce is a great lunch ride or rain out ride. Tight twists, couple nice trail features, most importantly, drains really quick.
    Many others within another 10-20 minutes.

locked - time out
    Jan 2007
    Milford has a new trail. It is 5 miles of singletrack. Fun ride and you can bring the family, they can ride the paved trail.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

poto rocks

I just got back from pennsylvania and it was cool. I have been to NC and all around the Niagara region.
    The best trail I think is the Pototowami in Ann Arbour. Pontiac is similar at half the length and Highland is a wonderful grind. Go to mmba and it will hook you up. Peace. Go Wing Go.

locked - time out
    Jan 2007
    Highland Rec. is a gem for Michigan. Itis in Highland and has four loops. 16+ miles overall.