mtbr member
    Aug 2006

New DH run at Copper Harbor

My son is a trail builder who is helping build the ever expanding trail system in Copper Harbor. He and his boss were finishing up a new DH run last Saturday when my wife, younger son and I visited to check it out. We were able to ride down the first third of it with only a couple spots we had to walk but then ditched the bikes when the trail got too ridiculous. It was difficult to walk in many spots. The only problem I can see with it is that it only takes about three minutes to run since there's only a few hundred feet of elevation change to work with. It's one more trail to throw in the mix of trails that you can ride down after your shuttle ride to the top. The partially re-routed but just as scary red trail and new Mango trail last a little longer and should still satisfy those with a death wish.
    Yet this fall they will be working on finishing a trail that starts on top of Brockway Mountain, I might get to help with that one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    This is freaking awesome. Between Marquette, Houghton and CH, the UP has some pretty amazing riding....