mtbr member

NCT July 4 weekend

mtbr member

Nice Pics

I used to live in Michigan, very familiar with the NCT around the tip of the mitt. Can't quite tell what section your on. What was your route?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Kind of curious myself.
    LS
    Michigan where ketchup is a vegetable

mtbr member
    I started at Timber Creek going north to the Big Sauble River (pictured above). The shot at the lake is McCarthy Lake.

mtbr member
    How much of the NCT going North from Timber Creek up to the bridge is open to bikes? I am curious about doing a trip from Timber Creek to as far north as one can bike.

mtbr member

Harbor Springs/Petoskey Area NCT

I used to ride the NCT around Harbor Springs. One of my favorite rides was from the Kipp Rd. trailhead north all the way to Wilderness State Park, up near Cross Village/Sturgeon Bay. Great trails! I have some friends that have been trying out some of the NCT south of Petoskey and have said that it is some fantastic trails as well. I don't think you can really go wrong riding any section of the NCT, though.

Riding or Drumming
    Quote Originally Posted by NashVis
    How much of the NCT going North from Timber Creek up to the bridge is open to bikes? I am curious about doing a trip from Timber Creek to as far north as one can bike.
    You'll have to detour at M55, Udell Hills and take county road a bit north to Tippy Dam. However, you'll be nicely rewarded as the trails north of Tippy are big fun.
    Tallboy
    Salsa El Mariachi SS
    Salsa Vaya
    Salsa Mukluk
    Surly Big Dummy