Thread: Milford A-holes

mtbr member

Milford A-holes

I'm riding Milford with my son this past Sunday. On more than one occasion riders caught up to us and did not announce themselves but just rammed right into me.

I guess that is how things are done in the "D"???

If I wasn't with my son I would have not been so calm, but I try to set an example of good trail etiquette and stay calm, even around these types of rude people.

If any of you were out Milford Sunday afternoon you are a bunch of losers.
    2013 Rocky Mountain Altitude 730
    2013 Pipedream Sirius R853 - 650b Belt Drive

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hmm..This is suprising, we don't normally see this sort of thing. Were they racer types?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalray View Post
    Hmm..This is suprising, we don't normally see this sort of thing. Were they racer types?
    They were in spandex. If this qualifies for "racer" I don't know, but I was suprised myself, especially in laid back Milford.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Re: Milford A-holes

I ride (slowly) out there multiple time each week and have never had that trouble. I think proper trail etiquette in that situation is the old Roddy Piper eye poke.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerort View Post
    They were in spandex. If this qualifies for "racer" I don't know, but I was suprised myself, especially in laid back Milford.
    Just making a joke

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by metalray View Post
    Just making a joke
    Yeah, Milford + spandex + mountain bike is quite funny. I hope we didn't slow the "racers" down too much.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I miss Pipers Pit.

DBs
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    wow..that sucks man-I live in Milford and ride that trail a bunch and have never seen this type of behavior..but, there are azzholes everywhere it seems sometimes.. I'd fully support you pummeling the punks if it happened again.....and, kudos to you for getting your son a nice bike and getting him into this...I have a 16 yr old that I can't get to ride w/ me at all..

Anyway, you are right-Milford is pretty laid back-bet you and your son could ride that trail 20 more times and not have this bs happen again..

Dan
    (sorta fast old guy, usually in lycra...not spandex...pretty sure that went out w/ the 80's-Quiet Riot used it all up...)

mtbr member
    Thanks for the encouraging words Dan.

I'm pretty sure this was fluke/ one time incident. We'll be back this weekend I'm sure. I'm really lucky my son is into riding so much - even more so than me. I only have a few more years - then he'll either be too fast for me, or he'll be on to other things.

mtbr member
    Zerort, sorry to hear about the jerks on your ride. I've ridden Milford probably 8 times this year and have always encountered very courteous riders. Even met Builder Bill and trail dog Sam on a couple of occasions. They are the ones who keep the trail in tip-top shape! I wouldn't get to worked up about it, but rather look at it as a positive learning experience for your son.......now he knows first hand how NOT to act

BTW......check out this fund raiser for the MCMBA (Motor City Mountain Biking Assoc) being held June 1 in Milford. I'll be there riding my Turner Sultan. If you go, first beer is on me afterwards. And that includes a root beer for your son
    A Mountain Biking Epic: the Milford Trail Challenge

Brett

Kid disguised as an adult
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerort View Post
    I hope we didn't slow the "racers" down too much.
    Fortunately, I haven't seen that type at Milford. That's one of the reasons I like riding there. They're usually all at Island Lake doing the equivalent of being fast on the bunny hill.
    If you turn the light on fast enough,
    you can see what the dark looks like.

Kid disguised as an adult
    BTW, I'd like to say thanks to the group of 4 riders I met i the parking lot at the Milford trailhead on May 15th. 3 men and a woman. I had inadvertently locked my keys, phone and everything else but my bike in my car. One of the men was an off duty Milford police officer who made a quick call to the dispatcher, then they left for their ride. Within 5 minutes an on duty officer was there and had my car open. My thanks to officer McBride and the 4 riders who took the time to help me out.
    If you turn the light on fast enough,
    you can see what the dark looks like.