Living the High Life

Might be a bit early but, Marquette?

I'm going to be in the good old UP over the 4th of July this year (family reunion) and I'm driving back from CO with my bikes. Does anyone know the Marquette lift schedule? Weren't they open only every other weekend last year? I'd like to bring my big bike back with me if they are open.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    quick stop bike shop will know for sure. do a google search for the shop, and there should be some info there.

OR...

Skip the lift and ride the south or north trails...you'd want a trailbike...not a DH bike.

good luck.

Living the High Life
    I'll be there most of the week around the 4th of July. I'm bringing a HT, 6" and DH bike, I'm driving back from CO so I figured I'd throw them all in the truck.

I plan to ride other stuff too, I was going to ask a few of my relatives and check out the LBS. I'd just like to ride the lifts one day with the DH bike and I saw last year they were open every other weekend and wanted to see if it would time right for the big bike.

Thanks for the info, I'll check out that bike shop.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Deadhead
    Mar 2004
    Generally they start the lift season the same weekend as Superior Bikefest which is June 25-27 this year. Unless they change the routine this season the lift probably won't run the weekend of the 4th.
    "If you can get both wheels sliding with no brakes, that's when you really know that you're cookin." Nathan Rennie

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulbiker
    Generally they start the lift season the same weekend as Superior Bikefest which is June 25-27 this year. Unless they change the routine this season the lift probably won't run the weekend of the 4th.
    I'll be there overlapping each weekend a bit. I may add a day to one of the weekends to make it work. Leave CO on Friday instead of Saturday or head come Monday instead of Sunday.

I'm really curious to see what its like. The UP is pretty rocky so I would expect it could be good, just not as much vert as out west.

Thanks again for the info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    gosh I hate to be bad news but Marquette Mountain is not hosting any lift service for the 2010 season except for the races. you can still ride the hill, just have to climb it yourself this summer.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Black4esT
    gosh I hate to be bad news but Marquette Mountain is not hosting any lift service for the 2010 season except for the races. you can still ride the hill, just have to climb it yourself this summer.
    Well that's bad news. I guess I'll just bring my 6" bike. I could probably lap it a few times climbing on that bike.

I'm not asking for directions (I'll check with a LBS) but are there shuttle trails worth bringing a DH bike with near Marquette?

Can't the hill be shuttled? I know there is a road back there but is it public? I can carry 5 bikes in my truck so I'd be willing to hook up with a few locals.

If any of you folks are ever in CO I can return the favor and show you some good off the map shuttles out here.

Down South Yooper
    There's no car shuttling on Marquette Mountain, but you can car shuttle across the road at the Benson Grade.

Plum

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Well that's bad news. I guess I'll just bring my 6" bike. I could probably lap it a few times climbing on that bike.

I'm not asking for directions (I'll check with a LBS) but are there shuttle trails worth bringing a DH bike with near Marquette?

Can't the hill be shuttled? I know there is a road back there but is it public? I can carry 5 bikes in my truck so I'd be willing to hook up with a few locals.

If any of you folks are ever in CO I can return the favor and show you some good off the map shuttles out here.
    This post is in 3B, three beers and it looks good eh!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    you can shuttle up Mount Marquette which is next to marquette mountain, there are some good dh trails i there, they are pretty long also., 6" is prolly adequate enough. the benson grade across hte street is cool too

mtbr member

Let me know when you get in town...

Get a hold of me using the forums when you finalize your plans.

A group of buddies and I like to ride the North trails as well. If you are in to technical trail riding and some chunky rock riding, we'd be glad to oblige. the South trails are do-able too...but the trails north of town are really coming in to their own. Certainly more back-country type riding...there's some flow, some chuck, some climbing, and some pretty sweet rock riding.

Your 6" bike would be adequate for sure.

Let me know. -Badgermtb

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu

Attached Images Attached Images

Living the High Life
    badgermtb, thanks for the invite and I will take you up on that.

I'm a fan of bikes, that's why I have a HT, 6" and DH bike so I'll ride whatever. My rides, a selection for any terrain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Might be a bit early but, Marquette?-moab-march-2010-097.jpg  

Might be a bit early but, Marquette?-moab-march-2010-123.jpg  

Might be a bit early but, Marquette?-cb-2009-007.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hey Badger,
    what trail is that in your pictures there?

mtbr member
    Good 'Ol Bareback. Photos from last May. It's totally clear already this year...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    The Keweenaw Adventure Company is doing car shuttles in Copper Harbor. At least they did last year. They pick up in town and Drive you up to the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, looks like they do it on weekend afternoons.
    http://www.keweenawadventure.com/shuttle_service.htm

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by rfeather
    The Keweenaw Adventure Company is doing car shuttles in Copper Harbor. At least they did last year. They pick up in town and Drive you up to the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, looks like they do it on weekend afternoons.
    http://www.keweenawadventure.com/shuttle_service.htm
    That epic ride option looks pretty cool, sounds worthy of a day. Its only $15 a day for shuttle service, sounds interesting. But it is 3 hours from where my family is near Marquette.