9th Annual Midwest Mountain Bike Summit
Grand Rapids, MI
Network with Summit attendees over an evening of sustainably pastured roast pig from Crane Dance Farms and beverages from Founders and Arcadia Brewing. A pump track will be on site for the duration of the Summit.
- The Welcome Reception, Comfort Suites North, 7.00pm- 10.00pm
- Thursday, May 28, 2009:
Throughout the day attendees can participate in workshops and seminars focusing on all aspects of mountain bike advocacy, with an emphasis on promoting and developing urban trail systems called gateway trails.
- The Velocity Advocacy Summit, Comfort Suites North, 7.30am- 4.30pm
- Friday, May 29, 2009:
Friday’s schedule of presentations:
* 9:00am - Club Care with Kelly and Collins Bishop from IMBA
* 10:00am - The economic impact of mtb by Mike Dulin from KYMBA
* 11:00am - Grantmaking from the grantmakers perspective by Milt Rohwer from the Frey Foundation
* 12:00pm - Pizza Lunch
* 1:00pm - Gateway trails by Ryan Schutz from IMBA
* 1:30pm - IMBA trail school track #1 with Kelly and Collins Bishop from IMBA
* 1:30pm - Gateway success story by Kevin Marley from CAMBRwest
* 2:30pm - Building Coalitions by Ken Freestone from the West Michigan Strategic Alliance
* 3:00pm - Working with City Planners, Commissioners, and Parks Department roundtable
* 3:00pm - IMBA trail school track #2 with Kelly and Collins Bishop from IMBA
* 4:00pm - Chainsaw school by Stihl
*5:30pm - Head over to the Cannonsburg Ski Area
Saturday morning will feature hands–on trail building demonstrations with equipment from Ditchwitch, Trail armoring, Stihl chainsaw safety class, and trail layout with Kelly and Collins. Later in the day, the Summit will have a festival atmosphere, with demos from Trek, Fisher, Giant, and Specialized; organized rides on local trails, a downhill race, slalom, bike polo, derby, team time trial and music provided by the Sinners. Additionally, attendees may submit photographs and digital "YouTube" style videos shot during the Summit with prizes being awarded to the top submissions on Sunday afternoon.
- The Festival, Cannonsburg Ski Area 8.00am-10.00pm
- Saturday,May 30, 2009:
Schedule of Saturday’s clinics:
* 8:00am - Using chainsaws on common trailday applications
* 8:00am - Mechanical trailbuilding with Stihl yardboss and a Ditchwitch Sk-600
* 9:30am - Trail Layout with Kelly and Collins Bishop of IMBA
* 9:30am - Using chainsaws on common trailday applications
* 11:00am - Trail Armoring with Mike Dunston from GORC
* 11:00am - Mechanical trailbuilding with Stihl yardboss and a Ditchwitch Sk-600
*Noon the midway officially opens and the festival starts
Sunday, May 31, 2009: Sunday's big event is the organized epic ride. Attendees will cover 3 different trail systems, every kind of surface you can ride a bike on (dirt, roads, and paved trails), and over 40 miles of riding. There will be aid stations along the way to fuel-up, as well as optional stops at local watering holes for refreshments. Shorter ride options will also be available.
- The Dirt Rag Epic Ride, Cannonsburg Ski Area 10.00m-3.00pm
- Sunday, May 31st:
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Midwest Mountain Bike Summit
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »