ride it like you stole it

Marquette Trail Club?

Just wondering if there is a trail building/advocacy club established in Marquette. I tried a google search on the interwebs but came up empty handed.

Thanks!

mtbr member

Yes..

Quote Originally Posted by TWilliams42
    Just wondering if there is a trail building/advocacy club established in Marquette. I tried a google search on the interwebs but came up empty handed.

Thanks!
    Here are some that come to mind...

kmkcycling.com...host rides, have members, not too active as of late
    noquetrails.org...more skiing than biking

Copper Harbor is about 2 hours NW of here, and they have a vibrant, dedicated group of trail advocates.

Why do you ask?

ride it like you stole it
    Thanks for the reply Badger. I'm well aware of what's up in Houghton and Copper Harbor. I lived up there fro about 4 years and was involved before we moved to WI and then out to CO. I'm just asking because I have a potential opportunity that would bring me to the Marquette area. I know the riding is sweet but just wanted to check in on the opportunities to be involved and give back to the sport.

mtbr member

Cool...

Quote Originally Posted by TWilliams42
    Thanks for the reply Badger. I'm well aware of what's up in Houghton and Copper Harbor. I lived up there fro about 4 years and was involved before we moved to WI and then out to CO. I'm just asking because I have a potential opportunity that would bring me to the Marquette area. I know the riding is sweet but just wanted to check in on the opportunities to be involved and give back to the sport.
    Glad you might be able to get back and do some riding.

Quick Stop Bike Shop on 3rd st is an excellent shop, and might be able to point you in the direction of some local MQT trails.

Take care,
    -Badgermtb

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Noquemanon Single Track Committee

The Noquemanon Trail Network has a singletrack committee. We have trail work bees & a goal of 100 miles of singletrack by 2020.
    http://www.noquetrails.org/?s=singletrack+committee