mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Marquette Mountain cancels summer lifts

Well I checked their webpage today and they have officially cancelled the lift serviced downhill days they've had in some past summers. Very disappointing that it's not financially viable for them. See y'all on the south trails and Copper Harbor then...
    oh wait, those trails are ridiculously good, I can't be too sad about ONLY being able to ride those.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone know if the Marquette Mountain trails are still open for riding (without lift service)? Hike-a-bike pretty much?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arkon11 View Post
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone know if the Marquette Mountain trails are still open for riding (without lift service)? Hike-a-bike pretty much?
    I believe hike-a-bike is always an option. However, I'm not a downhiller, and I don't know the current trail conditions. Try shooting an email to Quick Stop Bike Shop -- thequickstop@hotmail.com -- they are pretty good about responding, and they'll know for sure what the situation is.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Hike a bike is always welcome. Most people prefer to go across the street and up the Benson Grade for the the trails over there like Flow. I think you can find all the trails on here and singletracks.com . Also, see this map http://www.noquetrails.org/wp-conten...2010-20111.jpg

Perhaps the lack of response to the disappointment of the lift service cancellation is an indicator of the intereset and WHY the lifts aren't running this summer. Shame, it's a ton of fun... even if I was on a 4" travel XC bike every time haha

mtbr member
    Guess its time to start pedaling up

Bummer, but then again, I never saw enough DH guys out there to make it viable at least to me. I see more DH guys riding in the Benson area than across the road.

Hike-a-bike and pedaling up to the top is still an option, in fact I pedaled the K-monkey up there the other day and had a damn good time going down fiddlers creek. The trails aren't bad, but could use a little work as the erosion is taking its toll. Still totally ride-able, just a bit trickier is all.
    -Eric
    Keeping the hardtail dream alive, one ride at a time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Did you pedal the service road or take the yellow trail? I havent been biking there in 2 years now and have improved a lot. The yellow trail from near the prison to the top of the ski hill was a freakin killer!

Our favorite run was usually Easy Rider heh

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeakJones View Post
    Did you pedal the service road or take the yellow trail? I havent been biking there in 2 years now and have improved a lot. The yellow trail from near the prison to the top of the ski hill was a freakin killer!

Our favorite run was usually Easy Rider heh
    Both, but I feel the service road is worse, but that may just be me. It's quite a bit of climbing no matter how you cut the cake, it puts hair on your chest, haha
    -Eric
    Keeping the hardtail dream alive, one ride at a time.