Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Luton Bike park

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    67

    Luton Bike park

    Does anyone here ride luton? I rode one full lap today in 45 minutes (9.8 miles...started and ended at parking lot) Anyone have ride times?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27
    I usually am in the 50-60 minute range depending on things like my lungs, traffic and whom I'm riding with. The trail is in great shape right now. Niner demo tonight.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjasonl View Post
    I usually am in the 50-60 minute range depending on things like my lungs, traffic and whom I'm riding with. The trail is in great shape right now. Niner demo tonight.
    Seriously?! I didnt know the Niner demo was tonight. I would have been there after work.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27
    I just happened to hear about it on their Facebook page, but I didn't see it published anywhere else. It seems like they would have had more people out there if they would've spread the word a bit more. Either way is was a nice way to spend a very warm evening. In a way I'm happy they didn't have the new Jet RDO our there for me to be tempted by.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjasonl View Post
    I just happened to hear about it on their Facebook page, but I didn't see it published anywhere else. It seems like they would have had more people out there if they would've spread the word a bit more. Either way is was a nice way to spend a very warm evening. In a way I'm happy they didn't have the new Jet RDO our there for me to be tempted by.
    I heard they were coming somewhere in michigan but it wasnt close to the GR area. I would have been tempted by a few of their bikes.

  6. #6
    It's all about the FSR!
    Reputation: Heavy Fluid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    446
    I love Luton. I just ride for fun, so no times. Green and Yellow are probably my favorite parts. I also like entering the blue, and hitting a warm up lap.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid View Post
    I love Luton. I just ride for fun, so no times. Green and Yellow are probably my favorite parts. I also like entering the blue, and hitting a warm up lap.
    I love the speed at the end of green and all the climbing on yellow. How many miles do you usually do on an outing?

  8. #8
    It's all about the FSR!
    Reputation: Heavy Fluid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowboarderdude View Post
    I love the speed at the end of green and all the climbing on yellow. How many miles do you usually do on an outing?
    Well, I was just there yesterday, and I did 11.4 miles. Hit the orange, then black, one loop of the blue, and then rode the green and yellow, and then another lap of blue. Green is probably my favorite out there honestly.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16
    Yeah, great park. I've been riding it since before it was actually Luton park. The Blue Loop is the main trail from long ago. I recall having picnics out by the creek when I was a kid. MMBA did an awesome job making this into a fun, fast singletrack. It has a bit of everything and is great for SS or geared.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    122
    I ride there every couple weeks. Black trail is my fave but I ride them all.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    75
    Just road here for the first time (also the first time out on my new bike ) and it was a blast! Best part is it's only 10 min. from my gf's house.


  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1
    I have been riding Luton for a few years, sometimes three times a week. I have always raced against the clock trying to better my times and push myself. That said my best time from parking lot to parking lot was 44:58. ( Full Black, shortest yellow) I feel like I'm slowing down because I'm in the 47 min club constantly. Or maybe it's getting more sand in areas, yeah that's it.

Similar Threads

  1. Dirt park and home made bike park 2007
    By juros in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 08:32 PM
  2. Bike Park Grand Opening Festival at Lory State Park
    By splitter_66 in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 07:02 AM
  3. Folsom Mt. Bike Park surpasses Whistler Bike Park!
    By michaelsnead in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 04:47 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 11:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •