Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

looking for people to ride with before the season is over

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  caliiber2008 
#1 ·
hey guys im new to the mountain bike world and do not know anyone else that rides. i would like to find a few people that like the local trails and would like to bike for the next few weekends.

#7 ·
As far as hard, if you ride Grubers at Holdridge, that's about as hard as your going to find in SE Michigan. On the other hand, the West trail is about as easy as you're going to find. I like Brighton Rec Area and always ride both Torn Shirt and Murray Lake. Torn shirt being the harder of the two, with plenty of steep rooty climbs and off camber sections. It kicked my ass the first time I rode it my rookie year. Murray Lake is a great flow trail with a few steep climbs and one decently tough cutoff section. Kinda like Holdridge West on steroids. Pontiac Lake is another local favorite. Some real good downhill sections to bomb along with a few tough climbs, but certainly doable for a first year rider. Highland rounds out my local favorites, but I didn't really appreciate it until I had improved my riding skills.

Give me a PM shout when you get your bike(s). I also ride weekday afternoons around 5:30pm if that happens to work for you.

#11 ·
Well, I tend to hit it hard. I'll ride with you for an afternoon and give you some things to work on. Then when you get in better shape, I'll be happy to meet up again.

When I do ride, I like to ride on the edge of my ability. That excitement is what I love about mountain biking. I'll work on my drills in the parking lot before I hit the trail and then ride on that edge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.