mtbr member
    May 2008

laptimes at West Michigan trails?

I'd like to see what laptimes people are running at the trails I ride to compare fitness, skill, etc. So what laptimes do you guys do Egypt Valley and Cannonsburg Ski Resort in?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I stopped timing myself a while ago but I think the best time I have had at Egypt Valley when i did was high 29 minute or low 30 minute. This was probably a couple years ago before the reroute in the beginning and end. I have never ridden competitively and was probably 19 at the time on a ~$600 Giant hardtail. Riding with a buddy we will typically do two 32-33 minute laps or so not pushing too hard but still breathing heavy.

You forgot to post your times

Edit: 46 views and I am the only one who replied so far?

mtbr member
    I did 27 minutes at game area this week. That's my fastest. It REALLY helped not running into any traffic. Not so sure about ski area, I think around 22 maybe. I know it's much faster, I just usually ride three laps since it's so short.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just bought a bike about a month ago, so I've just started getting out. I've ridden Cannonsburg Ski Resort probably 4 times, and usually round trip to my car in something less than 30 minutes, but I don't have a stopwatch or bike computer to do it exact. Fitness is not really my problem, it's learning to get off those darn brakes

I go faster if I can hear someone either behind me or in front of me