mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Kalamazoo area...

Ive recently moved to Kalamazoo and have heard there are some good trails in the area and im thinking about going out to them sometime this fall. Im new to the sport but ive got a good enough bike to dive head first into some decent trails. Im hoping maybe a few of you guys are from around here and would want to go trail riding sometime(weekend). Id like to start off with some of you bcause you guys actually have experiance and it would obviously help a new guy like me figure things out and learn.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    go to www.mmba.org you will get alot more answers. But in kalamazoo you have Fort Custer right there and is the second most traveled trail in michigan.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Fort Custer to the east. Dr. Lawless park to the south. Cannonsburg DH type runs to the North West....

I live in Fort Wayne, I've been thinking about coming up to Custer sometime soon. I haven't ridden there in about 10 years, so things have likely changed a little. Anyone interested in a group ride?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    sorry about taking so long to reply. I got side tracked many times. Id be willing to go. Either on a weekend or we'd need to set up a time, as im going to school over full time(17credits).

Shoot me and email and then ill send you my number and we can set something up.
    Devanmc436"AT"hotmail.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I might be able to ride Custer on Sunday, otherwise it'll be a few weeks, school work is getting busy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I could probly do sunday night. What time were you thinkin?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I was thinking about getting to Custer around 1 or 2 in the afternoon and riding until I bonk or it gets dark.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hmm, ill be coming back from out of town that day. I dont think ill be back by that time(with time home to get my bike and gear).

what are you doing tomorrow morning or monday?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I work 6a-6p tomorrow and have class on Mondays.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Are you in college im guessing? Im free after 1pm on Monday(have class until then), so maybe if you wanted to meet up at like 4 or something it would work(im not sure what you schedule is)?

We could also do something next weekend. It would probly work out better for the both of us if your on busy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Kinda like college, Paramedic training. I don't get out of class until 2 or 3, and it's a 2 hour drive for me. The rest of the month looks bad, next weekend I have to work and the weekend after that we're doing trail work here. So maybe next time. I'll probably go Sunday if anyone else will be at Custer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by devanmc
    Ive recently moved to Kalamazoo and have heard there are some good trails in the area
    Wow, I never knew anyone actually moves to Kalamazoo anymore...lol. Usually people leave that area to more warmer climates.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    i moved their, solely for college. the climate and the job market suck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yankee Springs is pretty fun too. Its between Grand Rapids and K-zoo. Check mmba.org