mtbr member

Info on SW Michigan trails

I visit family in SW Michigan a couple times a year, Warren Dunes area. I'm planning on bringing my bike when I head up in late October. What are the spots I should check out? Is there any good technical riding in the area? Don't mind traveling 30-60 minutes if there's good riding.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Andrews University trails in Berrien Springs and TK Lawless in Vandalia are both within an hours drive. If you have more time, drive up to Battle Creek and check out Fort Custer. It is about 1.5 hrs from Bridgman. There are a few in Indiana as well. Potato Creek State Park in North Liberty, IN is decent. There is also Bendix Woods and Bluhm in the Michigan City area.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input. I had heard of the Andrews University trails, and was thinking I'd check that out. How are the trails in Michigan City area, that's only about 20 minutes from where I'm staying.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    The trails in the Michigan City area aren't anything special, but are probably worth a 20 minute drive. Definitely check out Andrews. The trail isn't marked very well, but it's a lot of fun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Check out Merrell trail in Rockford, MI. Its probably 1.5 hrs form where you are
    Just went last Monday and it was an absolute blast and well marked out with lots of berms!!!