I plead the fizif

Iceman Slush Cup

I have heard so much about the Iceman Cometh Challenge and would one day like to be in good enough shape to be able to actually finish a race like that. In the mean time, I see that there is a slush cup race that is 8 miles long. Is this the first year for the 8-mile race, or have they had it in the past? Can anyone tell me how difficult the 8-mile course is? I could probably do it if it is mostly flat, but this is my first year and I am overweight and just starting to get into better shape.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

When and Where

I would like to know when and where that race is???

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Iceman Veteran

I have done the Iceman for the last 6 years. It starts in Kalkaska, MI and ends in Traverse City. If you are interested in racing it you need to get on the registration site within a few days of when they open up registry or you will not get a slot. There is a 2000 rider cap for the race and it fills up very fast.

They have held the slush cup for the last several years. The terrain is not flat for the whole course. There are some grinders toward the end of the course.

The Iceman is always the highlight of my mountain biking season. This year, it will be held a week later than usual so there's a good chance that snow will be on the course.

I plead the fizif

hippymtnbkr
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TronCarter
    I have heard so much about the Iceman Cometh Challenge and would one day like to be in good enough shape to be able to actually finish a race like that. In the mean time, I see that there is a slush cup race that is 8 miles long. Is this the first year for the 8-mile race, or have they had it in the past? Can anyone tell me how difficult the 8-mile course is? I could probably do it if it is mostly flat, but this is my first year and I am overweight and just starting to get into better shape.
    go up,join the party. Ride the VASA single track trail. Best easy ride in upper Michigan. Iceman is mostly double track anyways. But it's long and off road. If you can get into that,do it instead of the Slush Cup. If you don't make it ,you get a ride to the end. It's just too much fun