mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Howell Bike Shop

What's the deal with Howell Bike Shop? How are they able to sell their Cannondales for so much cheaper than anyone else in Michigan? Also why is that they have so many left over older model bikes? I'm thinking of buying a bike from them but I am worried that there might be something wrong with the bikes they sell. Considering all the other Cannondale dealers in the area are selling their bikes at MSRP and they're way bellow MSRP. Are they selling damaged goods? Something doesn't seem right but they have awesome prices and it's hard to pass that up. Anyone know anything about them? Is it worth buying one of their Brand New Older Model bikes or am I better off buying a cheaper current model bike from someone else?

Thanks for the replies.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    If that's the place that sells motorcycles too(which I think is the one that your talking about) I bought a Cannondale there a few years back, bike was top notch with the only issue being that they hadn't tightened up a few things during assembly (they fixed immediately). I'm pretty sure he told me their bread and butter are the motorcycles so they can run cheaper on the bikes. I ended up riding the bike for a season (again no issues) then dumped it cause I wanted to go back to a 26in wheel

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
    If that's the place that sells motorcycles too(which I think is the one that your talking about) I bought a Cannondale there a few years back, bike was top notch with the only issue being that they hadn't tightened up a few things during assembly (they fixed immediately). I'm pretty sure he told me their bread and butter are the motorcycles so they can run cheaper on the bikes. I ended up riding the bike for a season (again no issues) then dumped it cause I wanted to go back to a 26in wheel

Yep that's the place. Thanks for the post. I'll be visiting them soon to buy my next bike, and will ask them to inspect the bike and tighten it all up before i take it away.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    They were very decent to me and were by far the cheapest around (attributed to other year around sales items). That being said I would consider else wear for regular service as that quite frankly I would prefer a fulltime bike shop (like Hometown in Brighton) to do my repairs. Again though I had no issues at all with the bike other than the few nuts (allen heads) that needed to be tightened.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Yeah I was planning on bringing the bike to a LBS to have it looked over and everything adjusted and tightened after buying it there. thanks again.