mtbr member

How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was pretty good. We spent the weekend at our family's cottage in Pinckney. Saturday my wife, son and I went for a 5 mile ride around the lake. My son is definitely getting the hang of the new bike, still having trouble on hills, but he's getting there. Sunday I did a 15 mile ride on some of the dirt roads in livingston county. Apparently I didn't feel like that was enough because I decided I had to take the long way to Hell. It turned about to be a 20 mile ride round trip. The hills on the last 1/4 or so were killers. I didn't get to do much trail riding, unless you count the horse trails in the Pinckney stae rec area(Shhhhh.... ). But over all it was a good weekend for riding.

What did everyone else do?

on the other side

The weekend was...

...not long enough!

Spent the weekend with family at a lake (out of state), snuck in a quick ride. It was fun checking out a trail in a different state. Reminds you just how great the MMBA is. Other wise it was a great relaxing weekend away with family, hanging out at the lake with the grill going in the background and a small pit fire once it got dark.
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart
    ...pursue those.

mtbr member
    I'd definitely agree that the weekend was not long enough. Having a job has definitely cut into my recreational activites. But I guess the paycheck will help fund them. I should loaded my bike into the van this morning, we passed right by commerce on the way to a job.

mtbr member
    This weekend started with riding Island Lake Friday night and hanging out with friends all night. The plan was to ride the trail several times that night since the one friend lives 0.25 miles from the railroad tracks on Blue but I wussed out and just hung out by the fire and chilled. Ended up getting home at 8 am Definitely a good time.

Recovered a little during the day then went to Kalamazoo to meet up with my Brother in Law and his wife at Bell's brewery's Eccentric Cafe for dinner after they had ridden Fort Custer. Good times again.

Sunday, woke up and hit Pontiac Lake for a good lap with the in Laws....(they did 3, my wife and I were happy with 1). Came home and waited for it to get dark and did a night ride at Commerce (got home at 10:30pm from that!).

Monday we got up and went to Pinckney and rode Poto....what a blast...that trail is so challenging and fun at the same time that it should be illegal Said Good Bye to the in laws and sent them back to Columbus as we went to meet up with some friends who had ridden Trail 47 in Hines Park/Holliday Park area and were having a BBQ afterwards.

We capped everything off with a Tuesday Night Novi Group Ride.. What a great weekend of riding!!!!

Justin
    Ventana Pantera (FS)
    Redline Monocag (SS)
    LeMond Poprad (Cross)
    Vassago Bandersnatch (29er)

www.teamtreefarm.com

mtbr member

Weekend was good!

The weekend was perfect. I did 6 laps in Pontiac Lake (2 each day) @ 8:00 am. Spent the rest of the days with my wife and daughter enjoying the excelent weather

mtbr member
    I swear I'm going to start bringing my bike with me on jobs. After our last job today we drove right past Maybury!

mtbr member
    Good weekend. Went to Marquette on Sunday. Road Pioneer Loop and one other trail near Marquette Mountain. Then drove to Harlow Lake area and road Top-of-the-World and Jedi.

Monday was Bruno's Run. Tuesday I had to run into Marquette for some shopping, and I managed to sneak in another run on the Pioneer Loop. I also did something called the Gorgeous Loop.

So it was a good weekend, all-in-all. I really enjoyed my afternoon in Marquette on Sunday. I don't get to ride there very often.

on the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by grnd93
    I swear I'm going to start bringing my bike with me on jobs. After our last job today we drove right past Maybury!
    Now you know why I toss mine in the back of my Jeep before work.
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart
    ...pursue those.