mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Heading to UP next week , looking for a ride to join

Staying near Marquette , and looking for some rides. Never been on the trails there, and would love to tag a long on some rides with some folks who know their way around. Hoping to make it to copper harbor for at least one day. Anything will be a nice break from sweltering , bug infested Fl trails.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Ore 2 shore is coming up - Ore 2 Shore

And single speed usa at copper: https://www.bikereg.com/21928

Should be a lot of people up there!

mtbr member
    Quick Stop bike shop on 3rd St in Marquette does a Tue night group ride that's solid. 18 people this week, always a different route. You here just for the weekend or a whole week? There are other group rides on Wed and Thu but I haven't done those yet. If you hit the South trailhead on a weekend you are bound to find a group to join.

You may get some feedback by posting to Quick Stop's facebook page for a guided tour.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Going to be with my bike from Monday to Saturday. Hoping to get in at least 150 miles for the week. Will be at the Tuesday night ride. Are the trails good in the wet? Looks like a lot of rain lately

mtbr member
    That's a solid week. I've got family coming in Tuesday night so won't be there but you'll meet some very talented folks (guy that usually guides is an ex DH pro). They don't get a ton of miles in, but it's a good way to learn the trails so you are more comfortable on your own. I got 20 miles/1900ft elevation in this week for a 3hr ride, well below my usual mileage for being out that long.

Downwind Sports puts on the Thursday ride, check their facebook page for details as it changes location. Can't recall who does the Wednesday ride.

Trails dry pretty well, they never "close" as far as I know. No mud that I can recall from this weeks ride. The sand and topography keeps everything quite dry. Certain sections are bone dry after major storms.

Check out the Iron Ore Heritage Trail also. You can link Marquette trails to Ishpeming/Negaunee trails to get some bonus miles in (or take in along the shoreline for a nice cruise). It's a 6 mile gradual uphill which then flattens out going out of Marquette so you always have a great return trip. I've taken it past where it "ends" for a 45 mile out and back to get some miles in before. Not bad, but it's pretty remote so be comfortable with that.