mtbr member

Great Copper Harbor ride video

This is a pro made video of Andrew Shandro and Trek Bikes visit to Copper Harbor over the memorial day weekend. Itís really well made and gives you a feel for the terrain there. Bear in mind most trails there are blue as are many in this video. OK,, there is one trail in it we donít ride!

Andrew Shandro and Trek Bikes visit Copper Harbor, Michigan Video - Pinkbike

Go figure,, CH is our favorite ride location near here!

Hereís the trails web site. www.copperharbortrails.org

So when will we see you up here riding with us??

More photos can be seen at the adventure dogs blog. The Trail Mutt Reports
    Last edited by arly; 06-27-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    Arly a tandem Nerd, Who rides them, loves them, so we sell them. superiortandems.com

b a n n e d
    That was friggin' awesome. Thanks for posting.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting. I have a couple of friends out there this week who've been posting status updates and pics...drives me insane with jealousy.

mtbr member

why not?

SeaHag, Mankato! Gee whiz,, you're not all that far away. We used to reside in Duluth and my spouse is from Ely. When will we see you here??

Thanks to all for your kind comments.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag View Post
    Thanks for posting. I have a couple of friends out there this week who've been posting status updates and pics...drives me insane with jealousy.
    Arly a tandem Nerd, Who rides them, loves them, so we sell them. superiortandems.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arly View Post
    SeaHag, Mankato! Gee whiz,, you're not all that far away. We used to reside in Duluth and my spouse is from Ely. When will we see you here??

Thanks to all for your kind comments.
    I think I've heard Copper Harbor is a six hour drive one way from here. I doubt I'll make it yet this year as I've got my vacation time all spoken for this summer/fall; but my friends that have been there all week are planning a return trip and I'll see if I can tag along when that happens.

Mountain biking is blowing up in Minnesota though with lots of new IMBA/DNR trail projects up in Duluth, Hibbing and Cuyuna...so I'll get my share of good rides in; no doubt. The twin cities metro area now boasts over 100 miles of singletrack. It's not all good though...my club was just denied access to build new singletrack in 685 acre county park.

Don't try this at home.
    Great video! Looks like I should plan a vacation in that area soon!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbVII View Post
    Great video! Looks like I should plan a vacation in that area soon!
    .....as long as you make it a double-family vacation.

Don't try this at home.
    Its like 11+hrs drive, but it looks like it may be worth it! :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    I'm glad this video shows how awesome the riding is up here to the rest of the world. Great video, and greater trails! I'm only 3 hours away and I keep kicking myself for not making the time to come up yet this year. I think I will here tho in August
    -Eric
    Keeping the hardtail dream alive, one ride at a time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'l be in the area in a week and a half. We're making a trip around Lake Michigan basically with stops in Racine,Dells, UP, Mackinaw City,Traverse City and Silver Lake Dunes. We're camping at Baraga State Park in the UP, which trails would you guys recommend hitting. I was leaning toward the Tech trails in Houghton as my wife and son won't be riding so taking a whole day to drive and ride isn't the best of options.

mtbr member

Ho town camp???

We'd recommend staying here. Maybe you have a reason for staying at Baraga SP, but if you'd care to camp here. We'd recommend the Hancock City CG which is quite nice.

Tech trails are nice and our favorite in the immediate area, plus they are pretty well marked....

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by richardson View Post
    I'l be in the area in a week and a half. We're making a trip around Lake Michigan basically with stops in Racine,Dells, UP, Mackinaw City,Traverse City and Silver Lake Dunes. We're camping at Baraga State Park in the UP, which trails would you guys recommend hitting. I was leaning toward the Tech trails in Houghton as my wife and son won't be riding so taking a whole day to drive and ride isn't the best of options.
    Last edited by arly; 07-03-2012 at 12:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks for the info. I hadn't come across the Hancock camping area. We originally thought of staying in Marquette but decided since we would be so close to your area it would be easier to stay in Baraga and be in the middle of Houghton or Marquette. We may have to reconsider now. I've been following Grommit's exploits the past few weeks. Nice photos and writing.

mtbr member
    Here is the cities web address with some CG info......I had I hard time finding it as well!. Hancock Recreation Area - Beach & Campground - City of Hancock, Michigan

Not sure how long your staying but there would be 3 trial systems quite close by. Copper H would about 40 miles up the peninsula.

Your welcome,

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    great vid

Witty McWitterson
    man, that's awesome. I NEED to get up there.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I am planning on going there soon, nice video!