Thread: Ft. Custer ?s

mtbr member
    May 2007

Ft. Custer ?s

Hey guys/gals,

I want to go to Ft Custer this weekend, but don't have all weekend to stay, and therefore can't camp two nights. The website says you have to reserve two nights. Do they enforce this? Do I need to make a reservation or can I just show up? Do they enforce the alcohol restrictions too? (we all know how good a beer by the campfire tastes after a ride!)

If anyone has any experience with camping there, or the trails in general, I would appreciate your comments. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I went there once and remember liking the trails a lot.

Not sure about the reservation policies though. I suggest visiting the forum at mmba.org, and asking there. Lots of people on that forum are very familiar w/Fort Custer.

Or just phone the park and ask.

mtbr member
    Sorry. Dupe post.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    we camp there quit often and ride . I usually just call before we go to make sure there are open spots . usually there are unless its a holiday weekend . as far as the beer goes i usually put them in a cuzy but even if i dont i have never had them say anything unless your being loud or unruly you should be fine. heres the number to call to check sight availablity. 269-731-4200 hope this helps

mtbr member
    May 2007
    thanks guys.

mtbr member
    When you goin' zeppman? I'll be up there Friday or Saturday...most likely riding a Titus RacerX.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    hey sommerfliesby, I'm not exactly sure. I'd like to go this weekend, but none of my buddies can make it, so I'd be going solo. I don't know if I want to drive the 3 hours from chicago on saturday and 3 hours back. (I'd camp, but camping for two days by yourself isn't my cup of tea). So I haven't quite figured it out yet...

mtbr member
    I'll be flyin' solo as well, but it looks like I'm going to be hitting it Friday only. My parents have a summer home up there and I'll be crashing with them.