• 01-06-2013
    Zoomy29er
    Fat-Bikers in Muskegon/Oceana/Mason Counties...
    In case you've been looking for folks to ride with, a few of us have organized a casual group that we'd love to see grow. I'm still benched with a busted right wrist, but my hubby got out with 3 other fatties for a 25 mile trek on snowy and sandy snowmobile trails and 2-track, today. They had a really good time and brought back some photos that have especially inspired some envy from me.:cryin:
  • 01-09-2013
    funkydrum
    I ride out of Pentwater and hit Owasippe (rode with Randy, et al last week), NCT and Big M most often. Busy racing Fats this winter including Hanson Hills last weekend.

There is a request on your FB page waiting. Post the fun and I'm game if around!
  • 01-09-2013
    Zoomy29er
    Gotcha! You riding Farmer's on Sat.? I'll likely not be there...my Muk has been a bit of a tramp...I haven't put a mile on it, yet, but a friend is borrowing it for the race and another friend borrowed it last weekend. DH will be racing. I'm planning to enjoy a run in ~50 temps! :thumbsup: Really hoping that my wrist is up for riding while we still have potential for snow. Thinking that will be at least another month from now and so far this "Winter" is kinda looking like a bust. At least the beaches are always ridable.

Speaking of Randy, we can nearly see his house from our house. :cool:
  • 01-09-2013
    funkydrum
    No Farmers this weekend. Too warm!

I'll likely race the rest of the Fun Promotions Fat Bike Series and maybe the Crystal race.

We need to rally for some Owasippe rides or NCT...
  • 01-09-2013
    Zoomy29er
    Fun Promotions does some nice races. I did the 6 hour Pando relay with a friend this past year. He was out after 2 laps (his chain broke and he's in his 70s and really just went out to do at least 1 lap). I did 4 on a ghastly, tank-like, low rent Cannondale F5. I'd love to do that race on my new El Mariachi, but ODRAM is now the same day and I'm an organizer for that, so I'll be busy helping and/or riding.

I'm sure you could talk my hubby and others into fat biking at Owasippe in the near future. I don't think he's ever done NCT, but a friend of mine adores that for mountain biking. I've only run on the NCT. Trashed my left ankle during the trail relay 2.5 years ago. Great fun!