Thread: deerfield park

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

deerfield park

I just got back from a trip to Deerfield County Park near Mt Pleasant. This was a great place for me. Hard core, serious Mt bikers need not read on. Easy trails. This place was beautiful!! I got to do the 4 things I love. Hike, Bike, Camp and Fish. What a great couple of days I had. I started out late in the day by bikepacking into the rustic campsites. There were ten sites with only one other being used (never saw the people). Set up camp, explored the area on foot, cooked dinner, sat around the campfire. Full moon lit up the sky most of the night, so I did not get to enjoy the full star sky. In the morning, after breakfast, I road the (all of them easy) trails. Two suspension bridges, one covered bridge and a modern foot bridge crossing the river. Fished for a couple hours (could see lots of fish, but they were not interested in my spinners). Found a closed section that is part of a school districts land. Had a beautiful softball field surrounded by tall pines, WOW was that nice. Road some more, fished some more, broke camp and headed home. I will return again.

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    Yes...it's a great park year round. I CC ski in there, as my house is only 10 miles north. Much has been done to made the resources accessible as well as preserving the nature you appreciated. It's defiantly a nice getaway. For those who don't know where it is, it's about 10 miles west of Mount Pleasant on M-20, just east of Winn Road. The entrance is on the South side of M-20.
    The wood is being bent! Let me know what you need!