ride like you stole it
    Nov 2007

Copper Harbor Trails?

So I go to school at MTU and somehow I haven't been to the copper harbor trails yet (I blame the high gas prices), I think I'm gonna head out and ride for the first time this weekend. My main question is what are they like and/or does anyone have pics? I've asked around at school and at bike shops and I've done some searches on the web and so far the only response I'm really getting is that they're really unique and fun but nobody's told me whats so unique about them. I've also heard that they have some slickrock and north shore like stuff. Can anybody clear this up a little for me so I know what I'm getting into?

Thanks for any info.
    Steve
    I lubed my disc brakes because they squeaked.
    Man was that fun to work out

mtbr member
    Steve,

We're going up there this weekend on Saturday evening to camp or bright and cheery Sunday morning. If you look in the photo gallery here you'd see a bunch of CH photos and viewing them might give you an idea what it's like. None the less riding up there features lots of elevation change and rock riding.
    Arly a tandem Nerd, Who rides them, loves them, so we sell them. superiortandems.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    If you talk to the Bike Shop downtown, they sometimes to a ride to Copper Harbor on Thursday nights (usually leave about 5pm). A lot of times they take a school bus with many people, so the price is pretty reasonable to get there and back.

mtbr member
    There are Harbor photos on my web site.

What is unique about them?

Well, they have the most vertical of any trail in Michigan. There is about 20 feet of somewhat sandy trail, and that's it. The rest is dirt and mostly bedrock. There are technical trails and not so technical trails. There are long climbs and long descents. The views are extraordinary. They are just fun.

If you're interested, we have trail work sessions every Sunday at noon. Meet at Keweenaw Adventure.

lookin' for a hill
    just started thinking to myself tonight, "I wonder what kind of riding there is in the UP?"
    I think you sold me and will definitely make an appearance next season.

mtbr member
    You won't be disappointed. The trails are great and the people are friendly. We're very excited about our trails.