mtbr member

Copper Harbor today (photos)

Since they forecasted temps rising into the "too hot for us" level, we packed the camper and headed up to Copper Harbor for the weekend where temperatures would rise 15 degrees less than here in Ho town. We took a few photos including some friendly fellows from Milwaukee and Green Bay WI. We rode up and down "On the edge" which met our criteria as a super fun trail. This was formerly called "The Flow", as seen on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whM70LxBbAE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Copper Harbor today (photos)-ch-dezabeet-seth-interestion.-dl-.jpg  

Copper Harbor today (photos)-ch-woopidy-woo-garden-interesction-dl-.jpg  

Copper Harbor today (photos)-ch-woopidy-woo-dl-.jpg  

Copper Harbor today (photos)-ch-woopidy-woo-cyclist.i-dl-.jpg  

Copper Harbor today (photos)-ch-woopidy-woo-edge-interesction-dl-.jpg  

Arly a tandem Nerd, Who rides them, loves them, so we sell them. superiortandems.com

mtbr member

More photos

We merely peered down the "Downtown" trail, which is CH's first bone-a-fide downhill trail. We camped at Ft. Wilkins, our favorite place to stay in the Harbor. There were several cyclists in camp and lots out on the trails this weekend, surprising for the heat but is was cooler than anywhere else in the Keweenaw... Do note the length of Gromit's tongue in these photos,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Copper Harbor today (photos)-ch-downtown-trail-dl-.jpg  

Copper Harbor today (photos)-ch-fort-wilkins-camping-dl-.jpg  

Last edited by arly; 07-18-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    Arly a tandem Nerd, Who rides them, loves them, so we sell them. superiortandems.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I remember the trail, you two ride some pretty cool stuff that a lot of my friends would be quite wary of on a regular (non tandem...) bike. On the edge doesn't appear on the copper harbor trails interactive trail map... is it that new? Looks like you have at least one suspension seatpost on the tandem, I could see that helping quite a bit.

Also, that's amazing that bike fits in your honda element.

I'll be up with anywhere from 1-5 other people August 5th through 8th... we will mostly be using the van shuttle though. If I see a big yellow tandom I'll flag you down.

mtbr member

Living on "The Edge",, Copper Harbor style

These trails are all Blue, who can't ride them?? "The Edge" and the flow are the same. The trail builders got heck for calling a section Blue, so they renamed a more technical section into "The Edge" and designated it as Black. I think they have it at there web site http://www.copperharbortrails.org/ But look for "The Flow" video with tight switch backs.

We normally ride a full suspension bike and a new one for us is just being built and should show up here within a week. Seen in the CH photos is Big Bird which we call a causal trail machine. I'll attach one photo of our new beast which is of-course full S.

Hope we see ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeakJones View Post
    I remember the trail, you two ride some pretty cool stuff that a lot of my friends would be quite wary of on a regular (non tandem...) bike. On the edge doesn't appear on the copper harbor trails interactive trail map... is it that new? Looks like you have at least one suspension seatpost on the tandem, I could see that helping quite a bit.

Also, that's amazing that bike fits in your honda element.

I'll be up with anywhere from 1-5 other people August 5th through 8th... we will mostly be using the van shuttle though. If I see a big yellow tandom I'll flag you down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Copper Harbor today (photos)-new-frame-dl-.jpg