Nuts

Copper Harbor Planning?

Hi, we are in the process of planning a trip to the Copper Harbor area in the late spring and wondering if anyone could recommend any large decent cabins to rent. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks
    And I love beer!!

Down South Yooper
    The Mariner North has a couple cabins behind the main hotel. Lake Fannie Hoe resort also has a few cabins.

Neither is overly large, the ones at the mariner have two bedrooms, a small kitchen and living room. The ones at fannie hoe also have a couple small bedrooms, small kitchen, etc. Both are located right in the middle of town, less than 5 minutes from the trails.

I think Keeweenaw Mtn. Lodge might have condos too, and there always seems to be a house for rent in town too, might check that out if you are looking for something more than a basic cabin.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the two that I'm familiar with. If you're planning on riding, make sure it's really late spring when you're going, otherwise the trails may be snowed in still, or very wet from snowmelt. It wouldn't be unusual to have snow in april, may, even june.

Plum
    This post is in 3B, three beers and it looks good eh!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The Mariner North cabins are nice. I believe that there are 2 beds in each bedroom. I think the couch is a sleeper too. The Keewenaw Mountain lodge has cabins of various sizes. They are more rustic and have a fire place but no kitchen. We've stayed at both and they are both nice. I've seen more mtber's at the Mariner though.

I've been to C.H. the middle of May and not been able to ride, though each year is different. Don't forget Sweed Town and Tech trails on your way though!

Nuts
    Would it be taking a chance to set up the trip in mid June, I would hate to have the trip ruined by snow.
    And I love beer!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    June probably ok, altho you better ride fast to keep away from the flies. August in CH is heaven.
    whatever...

Down South Yooper
    Quote Originally Posted by steadite
    June probably ok, altho you better ride fast to keep away from the flies. August in CH is heaven.
    September is better, post labor day, you'll have all the trails to yourself. Not that they're crowded otherwise, but after labor day, the town pretty much rolls up the sidewalks. Excellent place to get away.

Plum
    This post is in 3B, three beers and it looks good eh!

mtbr member
    How about the Eagle Lodge? They have a website but not too may pic's. Does anyone know how these are??