Thread: Copper Harbor

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Copper Harbor

Hi: Headed to Copper Harbor for some riding, looking for a campground hopefully where our tent is not pitched next to a mega RV. Also, would like some suggestions for pizza and other food. Really looking forward to this trip! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Hi Nockpoint

We’d recommend camping at Ft Wilkins, and grab a site in the western side of the park. This is the older part of the campground and usually not crowded enough to be annoyingly close to other campers. This is where we camp while there. It’s also easy riding distance to town and the trails. If you look along the edge of lake Fanny Hoe, there is a trail that goes to town. There is also a gravel “bike path” to town in the road ditch, but the fanny hoe path is nicer. Please report how the riding and camping goes. Sorry we can't make strong recommendations for good food up there. Aren't you going to ride any of the other trails here?? Swedetown , Mi Tech and Churning Rapids are also very nice.

Our favorite trails out of this area is the Rock Lake cluster, near Cable WI. We were there just a couple a week ago.
    Last edited by arly; 06-22-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    Arly a tandem Nerd, Who rides them, loves them, so we sell them. superiortandems.com

mtbr member
    I was just up there for my 1st time yesterday. The weather was ****, but that didn't stop me from having a blast. Sure I couldn't ride as hard as I wanted to, but the trail system up there is awesome. Look at it this way, the only reason I stopped riding on Sunday was my trail map got so wet it literally disintegrated and I had to head back!! haha

Can't wait until I go back!
    -Eric
    Keeping the hardtail dream alive, one ride at a time.