mtbr member

Smile Coming to MI, needing advice.

I'll be in MI in a couple weeks (born and raised in Grand Rapids, now live in Colorado), and was wondering if there is any good riding by Torch lake. I'll be up there for a bachelor party, and wanted to get in some riding, if there is any. I know the lower part of the state pretty well, but never been riding up that way. Thanks, any help will be much appreciated.
    Catalina wine Mixer!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    There are plenty of trails around depending on how far you want to drive....there is the Vasa singletrack in TC, boyne mtn, schuss mtn/shanty creek (old Norba race trail, not sure if this is still there), Big M over by Manistee, Boyne Highlands up in Harbor Springs to name a few. Head over to mmba.org for some more info. http://www.mmba.org/trail-guide. Schuss Mtn would be the closest to you. I haven't been on those trails in a while, 15 years or so, so I don't know the status of the trail. Shoot me a pm if you need more info.

Edit:
    I forgot about the trail section here too....most of the MI riders are on the mmba forums. Check out:
    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...S_4555crx.aspx
    Look at the following cities in proximity: Traverse City, Boyne Falls/City, Harbor Springs, Manistee.
    I know there are trails in Gaylord, Grayling and some other central areas, but I have never ridden those.
    Last edited by Carb; 08-17-2009 at 05:48 PM.

mtbr member

Where to ride near Port Huron ?

Looking for C/C trails in the P. Huron area that are well marked .
    Int to ??

Thanks

mtber
    Sep 2009
    You say that you know the Grand Rapids area pretty well. I am from there also, I just recently got into Mountain Biking. I wont be in town with my bike anytime soon, but I was wondering where some good riding spots are for when I do move back to the states and visit there with my bike, cause when I was living there I wasnt into this stuff so I dont know whats around.

Thanks,
    Scott

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ccaddy
    Looking for C/C trails in the P. Huron area that are well marked .
    Int to ??

Thanks
    You can go on the trail guide on the mmba.org site, enter thr zip code of Port Huron and pull up info on local trails. I'm staying in the Livonia area and I'm finding all kinds of good stuff to ride around here .