If you think you can

... and if we just ... Coming to MI and have 1 day to ride

Hey guys,
    Im flying into Grand Rapids this sunday morning and will be working in Holland untill wednsday. Ill be flying back to los angeles on thursday afternoon and was wondering if any one can recommend some good trails in the area. I saw this http://goo.gl/maps/FBdP and it is a great resource, but I dont know what to look for. I would have to rent a bike, and would need to ride early thursday before my flight. I am a downhill rider, but can and like to pedal when I need to.
    I was thinking about possibly driving to cleveland wednsday afteroon and checking out rays mtb park, which I may still do. But I'm not sure if my employer would be able to change my departing flight to clevland international. And its a bit of a drive to get there.
    Thanks for any help anyone can give.

mtbr member
    Yankee Springs is a really nice piece of single track close to GR. Will be quite different than what you are used to.

If you think you can
    Thanks. Ill check into it. Ya, I know it will be different. Thats what I would expect.

DynoDon
    I'm on the other side of the state or I'd lend you a bike and go with you, I would be interested in how you liked the Trails you ride, Yankee is a good one.. enjoy..Happy Trails

mtbr member
    GR and Holland are not that far from Fort Custer in Augusta, which is a really fun trail. Hit the 'red' and 'green' trails for sure. Custer Cyclery is maybe a half mile from the park entrance, so you could check with them about a rental. You could even just ride in to the park and leave your car at the bike shop, saving the need for a rack and paying the park entry fee. Not that I'm suggesting you freeload off our parks, but you could always make a donation if you felt guilty.
    'Bones