mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Closest place to rent a bike near Fort Custer?

Hi. I want a buddy of mine to come with me next time I go to Fort Custer, but he needs a bike. Where is the closest place to rent a bike? I will be coming from NW Indiana. It could be anywhere along the way really. I tried Custer Cyclery and they do not rent anymore I was told. Thanks!
    [08 Ibis Mojo Carbon]

Crunchatize me Capn'
    The only other places close by is going to be Team Active in Battle Creek and Billy's Bike Shop in Galesburg (closest). AEBike doesn't and I don't think Breakaway Bicycles does either. I'm not sure about Billy's Bike shop in Galesburg but he has been there a long, long, time. They are very active riders there and might have one to loan or might even have a loan program.

Billy's Bike Shop: 616-665-5202
    Team Active: 1-800-841-9494

mtbr member
    Custer Cyclery rents Kona's, it's on the left right before the RR tracks as you approach Custer from the Augusta side (almost a stones throw). Dan's is the owner's name I think and he's a real nice guy... all of this is assuming their still open.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    We do rent bikes, but don't really have any serious mountain bikes in our rental fleet. Virutally all of our rental customers are people that want to ride the Kal-Haven trail on hybrids.
    Cullen
    AEBike

mtbr member
    Dan is the owner of Custer Cyclery, but we no longer rent bikes.
    www.custercyclery.com I am a part time worker there.