mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Changes to Murray Lake

I was just curious about some of the changes to the Murray Lake trail in Brighton because they rerouted some of the sections around the first few climbs.

,,,was it just to further set it apart from Torn Shirt ?

....or was it simply just to do for a change of pace ?

The new sections will probably be better once they get packed, but I still pefer the other sections better. But I was just wondering if anyone knew the reasons for the new sections, and if they made any changes to Torn as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I spoke to someone that was working on the new trails, making the changes. He indicated it was due to the erosion that was occurring on the sections of the trails that they rerouted, As you probably noticed, they replaced mostly uphill sections and a few downhill also. All of those sections were a nice challenge, but he said that they were getting to nasty and difficult and that Murray Lake was supposed to be an intermediate trail. The replaced some of the more challenging sections that were enjoyable if you were looking for a challenge, but for some it will be more enjoyable.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    OK.......thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Are the old sections closed or is this just an optional bypass?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by reshp1 View Post
    Are the old sections closed or is this just an optional bypass?
    ...pretty much. Except for one downhill section, there are logs and stuff making it pretty unrideable.