I have red hair

Cannonsburg Growing!

I have a new favorite trail!

If you haven't ridden at the Cannonsburg Ski area lately, you should definitely check it out. It has about 5 miles of new trail, some of which still needs help breaking in. It's quite technical, but not too overbearing. One new section near the end is all switchbacks back and forth up the sides of a half-pipe-like ditch with trees in the middle. The trails have recently been marked with new diamonds and arrows to mark the different routes around the harder parts, so if you don't feel like riding the hard parts more than once, you don't have to.

Also brand new last fall is a freeride course with some pretty sick stuff to goof around on. Log rides, jumps, drops, and teeter-totters are already there, and tons of new stuff is going in soon! It seems like every time I ride there, they've put in some new crazy obstacle for the crazy kids to ride over!

I haven't seen hardly anybody riding there, but it has started to grow a lot since the changes they've put in, and I hope to start seeing more and more people riding there, in order to keep it open.

Oh yeah, it's free to ride there too!

lone rider
    I rode there last summer and really enjoyed it! It's only a couple hours from me, so I'm sure I'll venture down there once a month or so (pending gas prices! ).
    It's only funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's hilarious.
    --Bill Hicks

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I picked up my first mountain bike since 15 years ago a couple weeks ago (cannondale F7). Cannonsburg was my first real ride with it, other than kent trails and some dirt trails I found off of the kent trail. I really liked Cannonsburg, except for having to push my bike up the hills the last half of the loop! A little out of shape nowadays. I loved the downhill switchbacks! Really fun. I thought the trails were a little confusing, though. A couple places it branched off, but just had identical arrow signs pointing both ways. I didn't know which route was faster/slower or easier/technical. Maybe I missed something. The loop I ended up doing was 6 miles. I'm planning on going back at least once a week. In years past I've ridden Robinette's and the Egypt Valley trails. I don't remember those trails real well, but from what I remember I think I like Cannonsburg better.