mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bike rentals near Pentwater/Ludington?

My wife and I are going to be in the Pentwater area visiting family in a week and am interested in getting some riding in while we are there. I see there are a few trails like Owasippe and Whiskey Creek there, but are there any places to rent bikes? Ideally something nice, but I'd settle for anything. 10 days off the bike wouldn't do too much for my fitness.

Thanks in advance.

one sick puppy
    There is a bike shop in downtown Ludington which is probably your best bet. They are on the main street near the lake end of downtown. They are mountain bikers and can steer you to the trails. I would check on Owasippie before going out there. They close the trails at times in the summer when they have boyscouts camping. I learned that from experience. You can access the north Country Trail near Ludington which is a nice trail.
    Saddle up, Effendi. We ride.

lone rider
    I just moved to Ludington and have had great help at that shop ( http://www.trailheadbikeshop.com ). A great group of guys, and they do a weekly ride on Wed. evenings.

The North Country Trail is a nice ride, it's about 25 miles East of Ludington. I'm usually out there 3 or 4 days a week.
    It's only funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's hilarious.
    --Bill Hicks

mtbr member
    Trailhead is the place!!!! I live here in Ludington