Professional Troll

Big(ish?) Bike bike rentals in Marquette

Hey all. So I'm gonna be visiting my parents up in Three Lakes, WI this August which I realized is only ~ 2.5 hours from Marquette. I never rode there when I lived in the midwest and thought I'd spend a day checking it out. I don't wanna spend the time or money to ship any of my bikes out there so I was wondering if any shops rented decent MTB bikes up there? I'll take anything from an "out-of-bounds" hardtail to a 6inch bike to a DH rig. Any suggestions? I figure I can bring my own gear, so I'll just need the hardware. Thanks!

Deadhead
    Mar 2004
    As far as I know, nobody does rentals in Marquette. You could give Quick Stop Bike a call to confirm, but I think you might be out of luck unless somebody is willing to set you up with a loaner.
    "If you can get both wheels sliding with no brakes, that's when you really know that you're cookin." Nathan Rennie

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by gratefulbiker
    As far as I know, nobody does rentals in Marquette. You could give Quick Stop Bike a call to confirm, but I think you might be out of luck unless somebody is willing to set you up with a loaner.
    Ya i might be able to con one of my buddies in the Chicago area to lend me a bike for the weekend or something. Thanks! What's the deal with the mountain. I heard from someone that they aren't running the lifts this year? Is that true? Is it hike-a-bike only? Not that that's a big deal, it's only 600 ft of vert right?

Deadhead
    Mar 2004
    No lift service at the mountain this year. Some of the locals tried to rally some support, but the owner ultimately pulled the plug. The ski hill is around 600 ft, but it's a steep 600. It's almost easier to hike up the trails than the access road, and that will give you a chance to check out the trails on the way up. Gypsy Road and Hemi were both in pretty good shape during Bikefest, but I can't comment on the other trails on the hill. All the stuff we rode across the street on Benson was in good shape as well. Try to hook up with some locals if you can, and they can show you the fun stuff.
    "If you can get both wheels sliding with no brakes, that's when you really know that you're cookin." Nathan Rennie