mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Best shop in North Metro Detroit is..... Rochester Bike Shop!!!

I have been to a lot of bike shops around the North Metro area and by far my favorite is Rochester Bike Shop. Zach and Ron are very knowledgeable and just great guys in general. I wish they carried more brands but Yeti is top notch. I won't let anyone but those guys work on my bikes. If you are in the market for a Trek, Salsa or Yeti go see them you won't be disappointed. And no I don't work there nor do they know I am posting this just like it when I get treated right at a shop.

Car
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by procos View Post
    I have been to a lot of bike shops around the North Metro area and by far my favorite is Rochester Bike Shop. Zach and Ron are very knowledgeable and just great guys in general. I wish they carried more brands but Yeti is top notch. I won't let anyone but those guys work on my bikes. If you are in the market for a Trek, Salsa or Yeti go see them you won't be disappointed. And no I don't work there nor do they know I am posting this just like it when I get treated right at a shop.
    I didn't like them that much, but I've only dealt with one person on the phone, so take this for what it's worth.

I called to ask if they had the Salsa Vaya in 50cm or Fargo in xs in stock, with the hope of taking a test ride. The rep answered that they didn't have the specific models, but they did have a Mariachi in a small from 2013. I responded that the small is too large for me. What followed was him asking, "Are you sure? The small is really small," and "But it's a really small frame, I'm sure it'll fit." Repeatedly.

I'm sure. I'm really sure.
    I don't know if I'm more annoyed by his disbelief that there are short people in the world, or his disbelief in my ability to size myself.

Anyway, now I'm patronizing Tree Fort Bikes in Ypsilanti for the Salsa and am having a positive experience with them.