mtbr member

anywhere to ride near lowell??

will be in lowell, MI area this week just east of Grand Rapids for a few days, is there anywhere near there where I can find some nice mountain biking trails? wondering if its worth bringing my ride. thanks

mtbr member
    it looks like Ionia Park is close, and they offer the 9mi chief cobmoosa trail. can anyone give me a brief review of this one?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Ionia is okay. I'm not sure what the conditions will be like this time of year. We also had some pretty severe storms this weekend so there might be a lot of blow down.

You have some other options just west of you near Grand Rapids. Luton Park, Cannonsburg SGA and Cannonsburg Ski Area are all good options. Just north of you in Greenville are two trails as well.

Check out www.mmba.org for trail maps and other opinions.

Also check out this google map of the local trails (Luton Park is not on it yet though)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...96626d7e7fe810

I have red hair
    I like Luton Park as well, it's got the best variety of those three trails. Cannonsburg State Game Area is nice, but this time of year, it gets really choppy and rough. The Ski Hill is good, it's more technical than SGA. Check out Luton though, it's awesome...
    "I don't believe in brakes, all they do is slow you down"