mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Al Sabo very soft, very wet

3/6/09 Today was the nicest day we have had this year. I decided to ride the eight miles to the Al Sabo trail. It's the first time I had been there. Now I am not one to think twice about riding after a rain or worry about how it could negativly affect the trail. However, after riding in about twenty feet I did not feel right about it. So I turned around and rode back home. Still had a good ride. And I did not fubar the trail.That being said, after the spring thaw and drying period I will still ride after a summer rain. I will ride right down the center of the trail not avoiding or going wide around mud puddles. And as I always do I will Take out everything I take in. Along with that I also always try to pick up others trash whenever I stop for a rest.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    You can still leave large ruts in the middle of the trail when it's wet. There's more to worry about than just widening the singletrack by riding around mud puddles. Maybe you should think twice about riding after rain, and the group that maintains the trail will thank you.

Obviously use discretion. Some trails are sandy enough they dry almost instantly and you could ride in the rain if you want to.